Melodies of the Danube is a 7-Night Cruise With 2-Nights Budapest Pre-Cruise, 3 Nights Prague Post-Cruise cruising from Budapest to Vilshofen.
- COUNTRIES: Austria, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia
- RIVERS: Danube
Arrive in Budapest and board your luxurious river cruise ship. (D)
Budapest offers an unmatched combination of culture and tradition. Your city tour begins with a visit to the Great Market Hall before going to both the Buda (hilly) and the Pest (flat) sides of the river. You’ll see Heroes’ Square and Castle Hill, home to the Fisherman’s Bastion and Mattias Church. As an alternative, you can hike up to Castle Hill for breathtaking views of the city below. (B,L,D)
Host to the crowning ceremonies of 11 Hungarian kings and queens between 1536 and 1830, Bratislava certainly has earned the title “Coronation City of Kings,” as you’ll discover during your walking tour. Or join a special “Tastes of Slovakia” tour. For a more active adventure, hike up to Bratislava Castle, offering magnificent views of the city. (B,L,D)
The “City of Waltzes” offers a wealth of gems and your city tour showcases its regal splendors, including the majestic Opera House and the former Imperial Palace of the Habsburgs. Conclude your tour in Vienna’s historic city center and then visit St. Stephen’s Cathedral, or discover Vienna by bike. During the afternoon, enjoy leisure time to further explore this iconic city. (B,L,D)
After reaching Weissenkirchen, you’ll be treated to several choices of excursions. Take a walking tour of Dürnstein before visiting the UNESCO-designated Melk Abbey. For a more culinary-focused experience, join a walking tour in Dürnstein, then enjoy a wine tasting hosted by a local vintner and sample special apricot treats from a local boutique. If you prefer a more active adventure, hike up to the fortress where Richard the Lionheart was once held or join a guided bike tour to Melk. Later in the day, sail through the Strudengau Valley to medieval Grein for an exclusive visit to the more than 500-year-old Greinburg Castle, looming regally from above. While here, enjoy a folklore show and wine reception. (B,L,D)
The ship arrives in Linz where you’ll have several choices of excursions. Opt for a full-day excursion to Salzburg where you’ll tour the historic center, Mirabell Gardens, Residenz Square and the Old Market. En route to Salzburg, stop at Mondsee, home of the Basilica St. Michael. Or join a morning walking tour through the old city center of Linz and by the Mozart House; or go on a bike tour of the city’s famed “Cultural Mile” and the Danube. In the afternoon, you can also choose to visit charming Český Krumlov, located just over the Czech-Austrian border. (B,L,D)
*Note: Not available with full-day Salzburg excursion
Discover the city of Passau in one of three ways. Enjoy a walking tour and marvel at Gothic and Italian Baroque architecture and St. Stephen’s Cathedral. Alternately, choose between a guided hike up to the Veste Oberhaus fortress or a guided bike tour along the Danube River. Later, cruise to Vilshofen, where you will be treated to a festive Oktoberfest celebration— an AmaWaterways exclusive. (B,L,D)
Bid farewell to Vilshofen and prepare for your flight home. (B)
- SPACIOUS STATEROOMS : 7 nights luxury accommodation in an outside stateroom (most with twin balconies), Computer for internet access, Entertainment-On-Demand in all staterooms featuring free high-speed internet access, movies, a music library and English language TV stations, Mini-fridge, desk and sitting area, Bottled water replenished daily
- AN ARRAY OF AMENITIES : Wellness Activities with a dedicated Wellness Host leading various exercise classes as well as discussions on healthy eating and relaxation techniques, both on board and on shore, Personalized service from a highly trained Cruise Manager during both cruise and land programs, Internet and Wi-Fi access, Sun deck pool with swim-up bar and walking track, Fitness room, Main Lounge with panoramic views and bar, Bottled water in every stateroom replenished daily, Daily entertainment including cultural performances
- AWARD-WINNING DINING : All onboard dining in a variety of venues, Regionally inspired cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients, The Chef’s Table specialty restaurant, Welcome Cocktail, Welcome Dinner, La Chaîne des Rôtisseurs Dinner, Captain's Cocktail and Gala Dinner, La Chaîne des Rôtisseurs exclusive dining experience, Unlimited fine wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner, Unlimited sparkling wine and fresh juice with breakfast, Sip & Sail Cocktail Hour with complimentary wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks, Tapas, sandwiches, snacks and refreshments served daily in the Main Lounge
- A WORLD OF EXPLORATION: Immersive tours in every destination, Gentle, regular, active and late-riser tour options, Bike tours and hikes, Special Interest Tours, Knowledgeable guides, Personal headset for easy exploration, Airport transfers with purchase of air from AmaWaterways
- Round trip airfare to / from Budapest
- Visa Assistance and fees
- Airport transfers
- Travel Insurance
PRICE VALIDITY: Due to Covid 19 pandemic, 2020 and 2021 itineraries might be affected. Hence we are putting here rates for 2022. In case cruise trips are restore earlier, please email us thru firstname.lastname@example.org for applicable rates.
IMPORTANT: Dates, prices & itineraries are subject to change.
Port Charges not included in cruise price: $210 per person.
Single Supplement for Cruise : 50% of twin price; AA+ and Suite 100% of twin price.
Single Supplement for Land: A single supplement charge will be applied to pre- and post-cruise hotel extensions. Please call for pricing details.
Bedding: Please select bedding configuration at the time of booking.
Option A: Two twin beds
Option B: One large bed (larger than queen size).