Below is the list of Korea visa requirements to guide those excited to tour Korea for cherry blossoms, Nami Island, K-pop, and telenovelas.
- Original passport – 6 months valid from the date of travel. Should be E-Passport already with a chip-like image on the outside cover, old passport cannot be accepted by the Embassy. Submit original and Old passport if used in OECD countries within the last five years.
- Photocopy of passport’s first page (ID page) and visa or arrival stamps to any OECD countries within the last 4 yrs
- 1 Passport sized picture with white background
- Completely filled-out computerized visa application form with signature that is hand written.
Requirements as per qualification for Short-term Visas (C-3) for Tourists: Single Entry
- Original Employment Certificate – Must include applicant’s position, date hired, compensation, address, date of certificate issuance, office landline number (cell phone number is not allowed), email address.
- **Please ask the Human Resource Department to follow the above format
- Photocopy of Company Identification Card
- Original Personal Bank Certificate – Must include account type, current balance, account opening date, 6 months average balance
- Original Bank Statement – Original or certified true copy of bank statement or copy of passbook for the last 3 months **Please ask the bank to follow the above format
- Photocopy of Latest Individual Income Tax Return (ITR)
- Form 2316 With personal tax identification number
- Form 1604 CF / Company Alphalist With BIR received stamp (Name should be highlighted)
- Photocopy of NSO Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of PRC Card or IBP Card (If applicable only)
- If personally invited by Korean – Invitation Letter, Photocopy of inviter’s Passport or Identification Card (authentication not required)
- If invited by Company in Korea –
- Invitation Letter, Photocopy of Korean Company Business Permit (authentication not required)
Things to Remember:
- Other proof of funds such as land titles, Vehicle registration, Pension Certificate, Country Club or Golf Club, Stock Certificate, Time
deposit certificate or other form of funds will only be the secondary supporting documents.
- Applications are accepted Monday-Friday between 8:30 AM – 11:00 AM, while releasing of passports with visa results is between
1:30 PM-4:00 PM. Korean Embassy is closed on Philippine holidays and selected Korean holidays.
- All visa applications are subject for approval. Visa processing takes 5 working days for first time travelers, and 3 working days for
frequent travelers. There is no expediting processing.
- All documents will remain confidential and will not be returned. Please make copies of submitted documents you may need.
- Paste your recent passport size photo on the application form.
- Submit documents to our office at least 21 days prior to your travel.
- Remove all covers or jacket of your passports, Staple old and new passports together.
- Visa Processing fee PHP 1,000 per passenger, non-refundable once application is submitted to embassy regardless if granted, denied
- Each applicant should submit the basic requirements and other requirements base on their status (ex. Employee, Businessman,
Housewife, Student, Overseas Contract Workers, Senior Citizen or Retiree)
- Proof of relationship must be attached along if travelling with family, such as Marriage Contract, Birth Certificate and etc
- All applicants with unused tourist visa to the OECD member countries, will be considered as first time travelers, and thus, should apply at window 1or window 2.
- For those who travelled to Korea, only those who have visited more than twice within 4 years will be considered frequent travelers.
- If the embassy ask additional documents, upon submission of the new requirements the release of the visa will take minimum 3
additional days. The embassy will verify the new documents submitted.
- All documents must be issued within 3 months on the date of application
- Please refrain from using documents like Mayor’s permit and other business permits that is not under applicants name especially for
Single proprietorship. If applicant declares ownership his/her names should be written in the business permit or other permits
submitted in the embassy.
- Applicants, who work as freelancer or for those who could not provide some documents like ITR, etc, may still submit their
application but has a less chance of getting a visa.
- Apply for visa prior to purchasing your airline tickets since visa issuance is subject for approval of the consul in charge.
- The Korean Embassy will only categorized the applicant as frequent traveler if they have travelled within 5 years in the OECD countries. The original stamp and or old passports are requested to submit to us if the stamp or previous visas are stamped in the old passport. These OECD ( Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development ) countries are: Australia, Denmark, Iceland, Mexico, Slovenia, Austria, Estonia, Ireland, Netherlands, Spain , Belgium , Finland, Israel, New Zealand, Sweden, Canada, France, Italy, Norway, Switzerland, Chile, Germany, Japan, Poland, Turkey, Czech Republic, Greece, Korea, Portugal, United Kingdom, Hungary, Luxembourg, Slovak Republic, and United States
Basic Korea Visa requirements for other applicants based on their status such as Employee, Businessman, Housewife, Student, Overseas Contract Workers, Senior Citizen or Retiree, message us below so we can send you the requirements.
For inquiries on package tours to Korea, please contact us.
Enjoy your Korea experience!